This privacy notice describes how Lime Street Insurance Brokers Limited (“Lime Street”) generally handles personal information collected through www.limestreetbrokers.com and other websites controlled by Lime Street. This privacy notice may be revised from time to time to reflect changes in law or changes in Lime Street’s business operation. This privacy notice was last updated on 28 April 2014.
SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
If you are a job applicant, please note that in addition to this privacy notice, a separate privacy notice will apply to personal information collected through our job application portal in addition to this privacy notice. This can be viewed here.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
The information we may collect through our websites includes:
- your name, address, occupation and other contact information;
- information regarding your dealings with us;
- any interest you have in relation to our services or our practice areas (including job openings);
- any information you may voluntarily submit to us by completing any form on our websites; and details of your visits to and usage of our website including the date and time of your visit, the internet address from which you visited and the resources on our website that you viewed.
We may collect the information in various ways:
- from any form you may complete and submit through our websites, for example information collected from the “Contact Us” page of our website;
- from the content of surveys that you may complete on our website;
- from ‘cookies’ and other similar tools deployed on our websites (for further information regarding cookies used on our websites, please see section titled “Cookies and Information collected from your Computer” below)
WHAT WE MAY DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use information held about you in the following ways and for purposes specified in the relevant parts of the website:
- to facilitate your participation in interactive features you may choose to use on our websites;
- to correspond with you, notify you of events or changes to our service, or otherwise to respond to your queries and requests for information, which may include marketing to you; and for the purposes of providing professional services to you via Lime Street applications; such services will be subject to additional terms and conditions of use including privacy.
- in accordance with the separate terms and conditions of use that may attach to Lime Street website links; and where this is necessary for the uses and purposes set out above (for example, where some aspects of our websites’ operations are outsourced to a third-party service provider).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Lime Street may disclose your personal information to any company affiliated or associated with Lime Street for the uses and purposes set out above. We may disclose your personal information to independent third parties:
COOKIES AND INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOUR COMPUTER
When you visit our website, our server may record your IP address for the purposes of systems administration. In most cases, your IP address is not linked to any of your personal information, but in limited circumstances (e.g. if you log into restricted parts of our website), your IP address can be linked to your personal information. Lime Street may also gather other non-personal information from you (from which Lime Street cannot identify you), such as the type of your internet browser, which Lime Street uses to provide you with a more effective service.?Additionally, when you visit our websites, Lime Street may store a ‘cookie’ on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are small text files that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes collect information about your usage of websites. You can control the way in which cookies are used by altering your browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.?In order to help us improve our websites and the services we provide and to improve your experience of using our websites, our websites use two types of cookies:
This type of cookie is used only on those parts of our websites that are restricted and can only be accessed by authorized users who typically authenticate themselves through their user IDs and passwords (e.g. our online client/carrier tools). This type of cookie is essential to keep authenticated users logged into our websites and to enable them to visit different parts of our websites. It will be stored on your computer for a short period (typically 48 hours) and the information held in it will be accessed automatically to authenticate you when you visit the website again. Otherwise, this cookie will be deleted when you log out and close the browser.
This cookie is provided by Google, and we use them on our websites in order to analyze how visitors use our website, thereby helping us to improve our websites. Google Analytics collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to our websites, how visitors have arrived to our websites, and which pages on our website the visitors have viewed. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google.
Lime Street maintains appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the security of your data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or alteration. Despite this, the security of the transmission of information via the Internet cannot always be guaranteed and you acknowledge this in your access and use of our websites.
From time to time, we may change our privacy notice and post those changes to our website located at www.limestreetbrokers.com. The effective date of this privacy notice, as indicated at the beginning of this privacy notice, indicates the last time this privacy notice was revised or materially changed. Checking the effective date below allows you to determine whether there have been changes since the last time you reviewed the policy. We will notify you of changes to this privacy notice by posting the revised privacy notice on our website.
If you have any question or comment regarding Lime Street’s use of personal information you provided through our websites, please contact our Compliance Officer at 14 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BS, United Kingdom.